Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Variance Sucks...

"Online poker is rigged", "Noone runs as bad as I do", "This would never happen in real life", "Great, another setup by merge", etc etc...

If you've found yourself saying one of these statements or one similar I've got news for you... YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of these statements can be sum'd up in 1 word.............

V A R I A N C E  V A R I A N C E  V A R I A N C E  V A R I A N C E.

Ok, now that you get my point.  I'd like to add on to this.

If you are one of those folks who is still talking to yourself, still.  STOP.  Everyone who plays poker, and is successful on a regular basis has had a bad streak of cards.  Just because your AK lost to Ax,Kx,etc doesn't mean anything other than variance.  Suck it up and move on to the next one.  There is no hand you can possibly hold that guarantees a 100% win ratio preflop. 

So, are you really helping yourself by complaining all the time about it?  Are you setting yourself up for future success by dwelling on a "bad beat"?  Are you four betting someone for the hell of it, trying to make something happen when you know you should be folding? 

Stay focused on your goals, Stay focused on your game, and don't focus on "bad beats", bad runs, bad cards... patience will be the key to getting past tough times.  I hope you have the will power to allow yourself to see the better times come back around. 

DON'T LET THE POKER DEMONS GET THE BEST OF YOU!!!!

Goodluck all!  Hope this helps!

-DrewSki   

No comments:

Post a Comment