Monday, January 31, 2011

Duh Duh Duh Dynamics!

Not so "Duh" for everyone because it's really something a lot of players overlook.

Dynamics in Poker isn't much different from Dynamics in your everyday life.

So, I'd like to think this blog can be related on and off the tables to help make everyones lives easier...

--Batter Up!!!!

Psychodynamics, the study of the underlying psychological forces driving human behaviour

Social dynamics, the ability of a society to react to changes

Human behavior??? React to changes??? Sounds like Poker Dynamics to me!

When you are sitting at a table there is a lot more to think about than just what's directly in front of you (cards/chips). I can personally say that there has been numerous people who've told me you can't get "reads" online... I'm sorry I disagree strongly. To all the people saying "BS!" right now, my answer is dynamics. Then there will be some who say, "well, you can read betting patterns"... My answer to that is yes, but still ultimately dynamics.

Betting patterns, bet timing, aggression, passiveness, chip stacks, blind size etc... these are all things that come together in a beautiful harmony to help you figure out the dynamics of your game.

Poker is always about the BIG PICTURE. Every time you switch tables, you are being presented a different piece of your "BIG PICTURE", and it's up to create a finished picture or "strategy". Usually an easy way to get an idea that your picture isn't quite in focus is when you find yourself saying "wtf just happened", "why am I in this hand", "I'm not gettin cards", etc... You are trying to figure out what the picture is!!!!! This means, CHANGE GEARS!

Changing gears might as well be Dr. Dynamics number 1 patient. The Table Dynamics is what will decide the gear of your game. If you aren't paying attention to the dynamics of your table, and adjusting gears accordingly you won't be successsfull... it's just the way it is.

I won't get into any specific examples, because seriously... I could talk about it for days...
Life is quite the same to these examples and can be applied to anything. (I can relate about any poker
concept to real life... try me! haha)

LIFE IS ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE TOO!! Life continues to change, and we need to change gears occasionally too to "stay on top" or in my eyes what is "living a better quality of life". You might be surprised what you'd find...

GoodLuck all!

No comments:

Post a Comment